1.2.13

Village Life...

This past month I had the privilege of visiting 2 different friends in 2 different villages. Both of the experiences were so different.

      When I arrived in the first village, it was FREEZING!! At 6pm, I was asked to go speak to a struggling English class, thinking I would only be in the classroom for 30 minutes to an hour. 4 hours later and I was exhausted. Chinese students are in class from 9am-11pm. What did you just complain about? They are serious about education here!

      Snow + no indoor heat = very cold inside. I slept on a piece of plywood and shivered myself awake throughout the entire night. As I woke up several times, I was reminded (no doubt, by the Father) of those who are much less fortunate and don't even have the provisions that I had. It's amazing how much the Lord is teaching me about being content in whatever circumstances. (I later learned that the window was open in our room!! Ahh!!)

The next day we ate that this really neat place, where we cooked chicken over a pile of coals. It was surprisingly very good! The people who owned the place said that I was the first foreigner to come there. :)

My first thought: So unsanitary!
After trying: Not so unsanitary...so yummy!
Chicken roasting over coals...

Can you find me? There were SO many students!!!

My 2nd village experience was much more enjoyable, to say the least! I took a bus 3 hours away and arrived in a city of about 350,000 people. We bought a roasted duck for dinner and I found strawberries and blueberries!! (I spent 3USD for a tiny carton of them and it was totally worth it! Ha!) We drove 20 minutes outside of town to my friend's village of 200 people. The weather was warm and you could see numerous people working out in the fields. [[Made me think of what that guy said about the harvest
being plentiful but the workers being few... :)]] I was introduced to my friend's family and then I stayed a few days to help with my friend's English camp....it was such a great experience that I will definitely be returning. Village life is so quiet and peaceful, which I love!


"Hen Gaoxing renshi ni xiao pengyou!"
(Nice to meet you, small friend!) 

Teaching a little English...





No comments:

Post a Comment