23.5.12

Cooking in China!

The food has not been too nice to my stomach, and the Import aisle at the grocery store is limited, so I've had to become creative!

I hunt for recipes on the internet that I can make and most of the time, I come up short, because the recipe calls for 1 or 2 ingredients that I can't get here (and they just happen to be the main ingredients).

I've discovered that my new favorite hobby is going to the market in the morning to practice my Chinese and come up with my own recipes.

The market is a VERY happening place in the morning! There are chickens everywhere, people selling fruits and vegetables, eggs, every type of meat possible, tofu, fish, nuts, and so much more! Everything is so fresh! (Sometimes a little too fresh in the meat area!)

So...here is what I've made over the past week or so...

Zucchini stuffed with tomato, onions, the zuchhini filling, and topped with cheddar cheese.

Eggplant mozzarella
 (because the tiny container of parmesan cheese at the grocery store was $8 USD and
 there was no way I was about to pay that kind of money for parmesan cheese!)
& yogurt with granola
Homemade Tortillas!
I will have to say thathey are SO much better than the store-bought ones!


The ingredients to my dinner tonight...
chicken, onion, lettuce, tomato, carrot, mozzarella cheese,
(and Kalamata olives that I brought from the States!)

A Greek salad
 (minus the feta cheese!)


I hope this blog entry hasn't made you TOO hungry! :)

Thanks for reading! 

3 comments:

  1. woot woot!!!!! I'M PUMPED ABOUT VISITING & EATING YOUR AWESOME FOOD!!!!! that stuffed zucchini looks AMAZING!!!!! :) our combined cooking skills are going to BLOW PEOPLE AWAY!! :) ps-i was there when the olives were purchased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm.... can i come when you are brit are together!! cause i know that will be some good eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're being creative! There is a website that has been going around Pinterest where you can apparently type in the list of ingredients you have on hand and it gives you a recipe to use those ingredients. If I see it again, I'll pass it along. :)

    ReplyDelete