10.1.14

100 DAYS

As I reflect on this past year, I am overwhelmed with an array of emotions. It's undoubtedly been the most different year of my life and yet, the most rewarding. I never imagined that the Lord would lead me down a path that would leave me living alone in a foreign country, especially China.

I have struggled a lot this past year, only to realize (once again) that Christ is sufficient to meet all my needs. He has been so faithful when I am faithless. He has been so patient when I have been impatient. He has been so good even when I am selfish. My need for Him grows more and more everyday, as I'm shown my own depravity in light of His glory. 

This whole journey started almost 2 years ago. When I felt the Father leading me to China, I was petrified. I literally had to take a blind leap of faith and trust that the Lord knew what He was doing. It was the scariest and most exciting thing I have ever done. I still feel completely inadequate to be bring His message to His people but I am learning everyday that that's how He wants me to feel. Obedience and willingness are two things that I have learned the Father wants from me. He will do the rest. 

I love America but the Father has placed such a love in my heart for the people of China. They are so hungry for the Truth. I have watched the transforming power of God's Word change so many people here. I am left speechless by His saving power. He is good! 

I have just 100 days left in China and I'm going to be completely honest- I am not looking forward to leaving this place. I love my Chinese friends deeply and I know there are going to be many tears shed as the time draws closer for me to board that plane to America. I will never be the same person again because the past two years have taught me that the only thing that matters on this earth is what I am doing for His Kingdom...


No comments:

Post a Comment