31.10.12

Lord, give me compassion!

Jesus Christ, my Kinsmen Redeemer and my Bridegroom, your banner over me is love! SoS 2:4

I apologize that it's been almost 2 months since my last post, but the Father is doing a good work in me during this season and every time I sat down to write, I hadn't felt ready to share.

At the beginning of October, I went to visit some friends in South Africa, and until I left China, I didn't realize how oppressed my spirit had become from living in such a spiritually dark place. It was in South Africa that I realized how much I desperately needed to be in His presence DAILY! I realized I was learning so much, but I wasn't craving time in His Presence! He is teaching me so much about complete and utter dependence on Him. He is all I need to live a life of godliness! (II Peter 1:3)

I am not going to say that depending on Him is easy for me. I so desperately want to lean on others during this time, but He keeps assuring me that He is the only One who will never leave me nor forsake me! A promise I have been clinging to, dearly! 

The past week, I have been at a retreat with some amazing sisters who are all over East Asia. I was so encouraged my their fellowship... we danced, we cried, we sang, we shared how He is working, and we just lived life together!  The Chinese sisters who came to speak to us were amazing...I was so encouraged to hear their stories and the Father really spoke to my heart, giving me a renewed compassion for the Chinese people! It was so good to get away and rest! 

PLEASE pr.y for me as I live in China. Pr.y that I would bring every matter to Him in pr.ayer. Pr.y that He would continually renew a steadfast spirit within me, and above all else, pr.y that He would have HIS WAY in this city! 

p.s. I returned home today to find that my bike had been STOLEN while I was gone! But I will refuse to let the Enemy discourage me!! :) 
Britnie and I at the beach in Cape Town, South Africa! 




3 comments:

  1. SO GLAD to find your blog! whoooo hoo. that was some good crying/laughing/dancing we had. Sorry your bike got stolen. Too bad they couldn't steal your menthol pads. HAHAHAHA are you sorry I'm your facebook friend/blog stalker yet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I'm so excited to read your blog. It makes me miss being there with you...even the bad stuff. The way you write about your day is great, it is just like being there. Miss you and lifting you up. I'll be there in a little more than a month!

    ReplyDelete