7.8.12

Perseverance

The past 4 months have gone by quickly. I have settled into my apartment, learned the bus system in my city, figured out where to buy the things I need, and learned a ton of Chinese.

And while I'm living out my life in China, my friends and family are continuing to live out their lives in the States...babies are being born, friends are getting married, vacations are happening, and school is starting back again...life goes on.

I would love to say my life here is always full of unending excitement and mystery, but the truth is that after a while, the things that were once exciting become the ordinary; the things that were once mysterious become the mundane.

So I must ask myself...at the end of the day, what is keeping me here? It would be far easier to be back in the States, where life was all too familiar and communication was extremely easy, but it is in these times that I must remember the purpose for which I was sent.

The truth is that the struggles of living overseas are far greater and life is a lot less glamorous than you may think...but at the end of the day, whether in the United States or China, I have hope for tomorrow and a peace in my heart that transcends all understanding.

This world, no matter where I am, is not my home. My citizenship is with the One whom my Soul desires. And there are so many in China who have never even heard the sound of His Name...and this is why I must persevere...

2 comments:

  1. thx for being so open. reminds of a fav song by Building 429 :D ♫ ♫ ♫ (I'll leave it at that.) SING ON SWEET THANG! Persevere! lifting you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true sweet friend!! Keep on keepin on!!! And I am certain that He, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished!! Got you girl!!! :) LOVE YOU!!! :)

    ReplyDelete