11.5.13

A few photos from China...

This picture is so "China"...a man smoking a cigarette with no shirt, selling fruit.  The fruit in China is so good and cheap...definitely something I will miss when I return to the States next year! I love bargaining with the venders on the streets...it's so much fun! :)

Chinese women are amazing-- they will carry a baby on their back the entire day! I even watch them work at their jobs with a baby on their back! I can't imagine anyone in the United States doing what they do- it's absolutely amazing!


 This woman likely works 355 days a year, selling flowers. Her income is probably $15-$25USD a week and she likely lives in a small apartment with several other people. Flowers here are extremely inexpensive, so it's nice to just buy them for no reason!
These are freshly fried ducks (beak and all) that you can buy in the market.They are actually very delicious...every time I eat one, I think of The Christmas Story movie, where the family has to go to the Chinese restaurant for Christmas dinner because the neighbor's dog had eaten their turkey...If you don't know what I'm talking about, go watch that movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment