27.4.12

The water shortage continues...

There is still no water. I haven't showered in 2 days. We live higher up in the city, so this area is the first to run out of water. Nice!

This afternoon, a friend tells me that they are bringing in water to the front gate, so I need to grab some buckets and go get some dirty water. I was like "OKAY!" I went down to the front gate and waited for over an hour as people started gathering all around to wait with me. Finally the truck pulls up and people just start rushing the truck. It was chaos! I was cracking up! There is this spicket  on the side of the truck and people are putting their buckets up to it to get water. I am trying to shove myself (nicely) through the crowd to get water and all of the sudden, the spicket turns into a fire-hose type sprayer, and who is in the line of fire? ME, of course!!! I get soaked from head to toe as Chinese people around me start laughing hysterically. I just laughed with them. It was seriously so funny! I love my life here!

Not shortly after, I am advised to pee outside so I can to preserve dumping the water down the toilet.

TIC!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is awesome! If funny things weren't happening to you, this would be very very boring, jajaja!

    Que sigas bien! Besos enormes! :)

    ReplyDelete